A contest to show the Social Problem of your area through photo
An initiative by
Students of University of Lucknow
Send a photo related to any social problem of your area like child labour, carelessness in government hospital, corruption, problem in schools and colleges, poverty, bad condition of roads, violence, basic cleanliness, garbage problem, air pollution, water pollution, noise pollution, traffic jam etc.
|Entry Start Date||01 May, 2023 at 12:01 AM (IST)|
|Entry Closing Date||14 May, 2023 at 11:59 PM (IST)|
|Language of Writing||Hindi, English and Hinglish|
|Age Limit of Participants||Between age of 10 years and 30 years|
|Winners Certificates||E- certificate will be awarded to the winners|
|Winners Name Publish Date||By 20th May, 2023, on this page and on our Social Media Accounts|
|Entry Fee||Free Entry (Zero Entry Fee)|
About Foragle Photo Contest and their Binding T&Cs and Rules
Foragle Photo Contest (“Foragle Photo Competition“) is designed to encourage eligible Indian school-college students and youth to show the social problems of their area through photography to remove the problems coming in the way of building a better India. To remove these problems, we will inform the concerned higher government officials about these problems. Judges will choose the winning entries, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (these”Rules“).
The Foragle Photo Contest (“Foragle Photo Competition“) is brought to you by Foragle – (“Brand”) and made available to you by Foragle. Please read these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) before entering the Contest.
You agree that, by participating in this Contest, you will be bound by these T&Cs and you acknowledge that you satisfy all Contest eligibility requirements as provided herein below.
These T&Cs are in addition to the Foragle.com Terms of Service to which you agree by using the Foragle.com website. To the extent the Foragle.com Terms of Service are inconsistent with these T&Cs, these T&Cs will prevail with respect to the Contest only.
For the purposes of these T&Cs, wherever the context so requires “You” or “Your” shall mean any natural person who is a participant in the Contest.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Foragle with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: You need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to enter the Contest:
(a) You should be an individual legal resident of the Republic of India;
(b) You have a permanent address within the territory of India; and
(c) You should be of an age between 10 years and 30 years at the time of entry into the Contest.
Our team, their immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, siblings, children and grandchildren), and our affiliates, advisors, advertising/Contest agencies are not eligible to enter the Contest.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: This Contest will commence on 1st May 2023 at 12:01 a.m. (IST) and will end on 14th May 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (IST) (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change. You have to click a photo of any social problem of your area during the contest period.
4. DETAILS OF THE CONTEST, PHOTO GUIDELINES AND HOW TO ENTER/PARTICIPATE: Send a photo related to any social problem of your area like child labour, carelessness in government hospital, corruption, problem in schools and colleges, poverty, bad condition of roads, violence, basic cleanliness, garbage problem, air pollution, water pollution, noise pollution, traffic jam etc. Only one entry can be sent and participation is open to individuals only.
(a) Photo must be self-clicked, self-uploaded and have a free license to re-use the image.
(b) You have to provide a brief description explaining what your photograph represents and how it represents a social problem in your area.
(c) Location with city where photo was taken.
(d) Date when photo was taken.
(e) The file should be in JPG/JPEG format.
(f) Image file should not be greater than 20 MB.
(g) No watermarks/logos/names are allowed on the photo.
(h) Any manipulation of image, like adjusting contrast, saturation, cropping, adding or removing objects, any editing etc., are prohibited, but the file size can be reduced.
Note: Winners might be asked to provide higher resolution photo for publication or display purposes related to the contest.
In order to be eligible for the Contest, during the contest period, you must visit our website www.foragle.com. Once you have visited our website, go to Student Programs from the menu bar then go to Foragle Photo Contest and click on Enter Now further you can participate by uploading a self clicked photograph of any social problem of your area during the entire contest period.
5. Terms and Conditions: By entering the competition you hereby accept these terms and conditions.
(a) Submitted photographs may be used by Foragle at any future events, activities or wherever. Each photographer retains copyright of his or her image, and proper credit lines will be attributed to each photographer when exhibited or screened anywhere by us.
(b) Foragle decision is final and may not be contested. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any photograph that does not comply with our requirements. In case of any dispute with regard to entry and selection, the decision of the Foragle shall be final.
(c) To the best of your knowledge, the photograph does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
(d) To the best of your knowledge, the photograph does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
(e) By submitting your photograph, you accept that you are the copyright owner of the photograph and that you agree to our terms and conditions. The photograph does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and your photograph does not include:
(i) trademarks owned by third parties.
(ii) copyrighted materials owned by third parties.
(iii) entries in which you have purchased or secured the rights to use stock images.
(f) The shortlisted status of any candidate is liable to be cancelled in case any copyright discrepancies are found at any stage either before or after selection.
(g) You agree to fully indemnify us in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.
(h) All entrants agree that all photograph(s) submitted to the competition may be reproduced (with photographer copyright credit) and used to conduct and promote our competitions. You hereby grant us the right to use submitted photographs in the framework of such promotional activities.
(i) You acknowledge that we and our event partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
(j) You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of your name and winning images for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity for us and the competition without additional compensation. Such requests will not be unreasonably withheld.
6. JUDGING: The draw of lots will be carried out after the Contest Period for the entries received and a total of 3 (Three) participants will be selected as winners by Judges. A total of 3 (Three) participants will be selected as winners of the Contest.
7. TIE-BREAKER: In the event of a tie at any level of judging, the judges will re-evaluate the tied Entry according to the Criteria until the tie is broken. The tied Entry will be put up for a re-vote amongst the judges at the respective level until the tie is broken. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept their prize, then Foragle reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All state and local laws and regulations apply. Foragle reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in Foragle’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, Foragle, or the Judges.
9. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS/WINNERS LIST: After we confirm the winner/s, we will contact the winners individually. We will also post the winners’ names on this page and on our social media accounts by 20th May, 2023.
10. PRIZES: There are a total of 3 (Three) Prize(s) that will be given under this Competition. The declared winner(s) will be eligible to win ₹ 7000, ₹ 2000, ₹ 1000 (hereinafter referred to as “Prize(s)”) 1st, 2nd and 3rd winner respectively, which they will get in their Bank Account only. The Prize will be delivered to the winner on or before 25th May, 2023.
11. CERTIFICATES: E- certificate will be awarded to only the winners through email on or before 25th May, 2023.
12. SPONSOR/COLLABORATION: The sponsors/collaborations of this Contest and the Prizes awarded hereunder are the Students of University of Lucknow, Lucknow, India.
14. ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, mobile number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
15. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Foragle reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Foragle further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Foragle reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
16. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Government of India, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.